Paper-based records have been in existence for centuries and their gradual replacement by computer-based records has been slowly underway for over twenty years in western healthcare systems. Computerized information systems have not achieved the same degree of penetration in healthcare as that seen in other sectors. Electronic medical record systems lie at the center of any computerized health information system. Without them other modern technologies such as decision support systems cannot be effectively integrated into routine clinical workflow.
The aim is to setup the paperless, interoperable, multi-provider, multi-specialty, multi-discipline decentralized electronic health record (EHR). Three essential capabilities of an EHR are as follows:
- To capture data at the point of care.
- To integrate data from multiple internal and external sources.
- To support caregiver decision making.
RESOURCES AND EXTRA INFORMATION
EHRs should possess eight core capabilities, which can be found below. Do you need more information about these? Please ask Accenture during the event!
- Health information and data.
- Result management.
- Order management.
- Decision support.
- Electronic communication and connectivity.
- Patient support.
- Administrative processes.
Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3 | Link 4 | Link 5 | Link 6
HOW CAN YOU WIN THIS TRACK?
Accenture challenge you to build a prototype for a country wide EMR solution with the following minimal requirements:
- Allows the data exchange across multiple independent organizations.
- Provides controlled access to the information (patients shouldn’t be able to see health information about other patients, unless it’s their children’s.
- Healthcare organizations can control the access to their information by other organizations).
- UI/UX design.
- Optional, bonus points: Add the AI decision support Decentralized App allowing physician to rank their patients in terms of urgency/help required.
- Optional, bonus points: Implement the support for protected data parameters where owner can switch on/off the access to the medical details. For example, the provider can check if the patient is older than 50 years old without knowing the exact age, or check if person had an operation for last 3 years with no possibility to get any details of the surgeries etc.
The key aspects: user friendly, secure, scalable and innovative.
MeetUp with Accenture Technology leadership and experts in the Liquid Studio Utrecht.
- Pitch your winning prototype
- Connect with industry experts and learn from their experience